REVIEWS and information YOU CAN USE!
Be sure to check back often as we are always reviewing gear for your outdoor adventures. Check out our review queue above to see what gear is coming down the pipeline.
Wondering how a piece of gear you are eyeing will hold up over the long haul? We put our gear through the wringer (or let my son have it for 20 minutes) and report back to you. Follow up updates to previous reviews will be posted as well as any specific issues we encounter along the way.
Our reviews are catered to our own adventures and opinions and we may not get the chance to try out a product, feature or detail you're interested in. Let us know if that's the case and we'll be happy to check it out for you. We purchase all of the equipment we test, and if there comes a point where we're given something to try out, you can be certain we'll tell you.
Enough with the reading, go check out our reviews. Don't worry, there are plenty of pictures if you don't feel like reading another detailed (long winded) review.
THE REVIEW QUEUE
GEAR ON DECK:
GARMIN/wahoo GPS MOUNTS
Various styles, brands and what we think of them
VARIOUS WAYS TO CARRY YOUR NEW PHABLET
- Pick up a iPhone 8 Plus or a similarly sized Android device? We explore ways to bring it along on your rides and various activities.
A Few Lighting Options for a Safer Ride
CATEYE Volt 700 and 1600
- For when a "measly" 700+ lumens will do.
GLOWORM LED LIGHTING
- Some great lights from Glowworm to blind your riding buddies with. Seriously, these things are insanely bright for the size and cost.
Head and Tail lights for everyday road riding
- A few lights I've tried and how to use them effectively
Shimano Ultegra di2
- If your a pro rider or just a gadget junky like myself a complete system that will give you perfect shifts every time and a reason to forget how to adjust derailleur cables.
WINTER RIDE CLOTHING
Various brands, suggestions and things we're learning along the way
THE AHEARN CYCLES STAINLESS FLASK AND CAGE
For those really cold fat bike rides or a family gathering where a fine liquor (or Southern Comfort) is frowned upon
Shimano SPD-SL Ultegra Road Pedals
- For when utilizing only every ounce of power will do
Specialized S-Works 6 Road Shoes
- Specialized some how managed to make something stiffer than the subframe of your car comfortable.
silca SEAT Roll Premio
- I've always said that the BOA closure system makes everything better and that also holds true in the case of seat rolls.
REVELATE DESIGNS BIKE PACKING GEAR
- Our thoughts coming winter 2017 (we gotta use the stuff first)
Camp cooking systems
- We test one of the new additions to the Jetboil lineup and compare it to that of the Snow Peak Gigapower Auto Stove.
- Cookware we're using including the OPTIMUS TERRA WEEKEND HE .95L POT SET
- Craving some dehydrated food? We try some of that too.
Various MULTITOOLs we've tried
- Swapping out my long trusted Topeak Alien, does it get to stay in the saddle bag or tossed in the spares bin?
CHECK BACK SOON AS THIS LIST IS GROWING FAST!